Is there anyone out there who doesn’t like sweets?
I adore sweets! My love affair with sweets started early on, when I was still a kid. By the time I was 13, I used to prepare sweets and bake cakes. For years that was all I did in the kitchen!
I like to try new recipes and to experiment with preparing my own versions. I would see a picture in a magazine and try to replicate it at home. Today’s dish is one of those experiments. I saw a picture of various cup sweets in a magazine, they looked amazing so I decided I had to come up with my own versions. I now have a few yummy combinations in my recipe book.
The banana and vanilla pudding cups are very creamy. They are the kind of dessert that is very presentable and appeals to all. They are especially pleasing in the summer when you crave for something cold and sweet.
With four simple ingredients you prepare these sumptuous cups. By their looks and taste, nobody will guess how easy they are to put together!
Banana and Vanilla Pudding Recipe
Preparation time: 20 min
8 local bananas (if you are using the larger imported bananas, use less)
12-13 packs (90 grams each) vanilla pudding, I use Danette from Danon
250 grams Digestive biscuits
50 grams unsalted butter
Chocolate rind or cocoa powder for garnish
How to make Banana and Vanilla Pudding Cups:
- Finely crush the digestive biscuits. This can be done either in the food processor with the heavy duty blade, or by placing the biscuits in a plastic bag, wrapping it with a kitchen towel and using the garlic hammer to crush the biscuits.
- Microwave the butter for 30 seconds, or melt it in a pan on the oven top.
- In a glass dish, mix the crushed digestive biscuits with the melted butter. Mix with a wooden spoon or with your hands until all the biscuits are soaked with the butter and your have a uniform mixture.
- Chop the bananas into round medium-sized slices.
- The ingredients are enough to prepare 8 large cups. If you want more, then either double the ingredients or use smaller cups.
- Put some pudding in each cup and top with a banana slice.
- Cover with a thin layer of the biscuit mixture.
- Top with a layer of banana slices.
- Top with a layer of vanilla pudding.
- We repeat the process: thin layer of biscuits mixture, topped with a layer of banana slices, topped with a vanilla pudding layer.
- Repeat layers until you reach the top of the glass, just make sure that your top layer is vanilla pudding. If the top layer is sliced bananas, they will darken and not look presentable. Likewise, the biscuit mixture layer isn’t as appealing as the pudding layer.
- Garnish by sprinkling some chocolate rind or cocoa powder on top.
- Cover cups with cling nylon so that the top layer doesn’t dry out, and store in fridge until serving time.
Hope you enjoyed today’s easy recipe: Banana and Vanilla Pudding Recipe. Bon appetite.
Do you like developing your version of dishes you see in magazines?
اضغط الرابط لقراءة وصفة كاسات الموز والفانيلا بودينج باللغة العربية