I love making the birthday cakes for my loved ones!
Is it just me or do you also feel that by making the cake you are expressing how much you love and cherish that person. The final result may not be as perfect as the readymade one decorated by a professional baker, but my cake is made with love. I put my soul into making it!
Two months ago I came across Sweet Kat’s Creations blog, and I loved it! In her blog Kat shares how she assembles these amazing party cakes, step by step with clear pictures. I have been anxiously waiting for an occasion to come… but alas… everyone's birthday is so far away!
In my excitement, I decided to write Kat, and was trilled when she agreed that I share a few of her posts on dish-away. Have been contemplating for a few weeks now which ones to share. Todays birthday cake is an elegant and beautiful one. The White, black and red colors offer a striking contrast that is so catchy, but you can play with the color combinations and come up with amazing combinations that are just as pretty.
Zebra Present Cake
Preparation time: 60 min
How to decorate zebra present cake:
- Roll out white fondant until you have a thin sheet then cover your cake with it. I used an an 8" (20 cm) square base. Smooth out any bumps or imperfections on the surface with the special piece for that or with the palm of your hands. Check the Marshmallow Fondant Recipe by dish-away.
- Roll out red fondant and cut two long strips. Add the stripes to the cake to form a ribbon.
- Rollout some black fondant., and randomly cut some irregularly shaped pieces with your cutter. The pieces should vary in size and pattern.
- Start adding the black fondant pieces to the cake.
- Finally make a red fondant bow following the instructions on Kat Present Cake post.
- Top the cake with the red fondant bow.
Simple and pretty.
Hope you enjoyed today’s cake decoration tutorial and stay tuned for a few more coming your way from Kat. Meanwhile don’t forget to check her blog!
اضغط الرابط لقراءة كعكة الهدية المخططة باللغة العربية