I hate frying food! Just hate it!
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate eating fried food, for there are a few fried dishes that I just love (although they are pretty bad for my health), but I hate frying food in my kitchen!
One of my favorite fried dishes is buffalo wings, but whenever I crave it, I immediately start picturing the mess in my kitchen all the cleaning-up needed when I am done. So I end up either giving up having it, or if my craving is way too strong most often we end up going out and having it at a restaurant.
But I love preparing my own dishes, especially the ones I LOVE!!! So years ago, I started experimenting trying to come up with baked alternatives for my favorite fried dishes including the much savored buffalo wings. These experiments gave birth to these sweet baked chicken wings.
These Sweet Baked Chicken Wings are quite different from the crispy buffalo wings as that crispness you can only get with frying, but they are very delicious. These Sweet Baked Chicken Wings are soft, juicy and sweet with a hint of tanginess. They are a great party pleaser and a supper addition to your finger food menu.
And the best thing about these Sweet Baked Chicken Wings is how simple and easy they are to prepare and the minimum mess they leave in the kitchen... For there is no oily, greasy surfaces and pans to clean eeeeewwwweee!!!
If you are serving this dish to kids, keep the ingredients as is, but if it is an adult only occasion you can spice them up by additions additional hot sauce or some cayenne pepper.
Also, this is a large portion as I usually make these when I have gusts over, but you can easily half it for a smaller crowd.
Sweet Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
Preparation time: 5 min Cook time: 60 min
Ingredients24 chicken wings
1/2 lemon, sliced in half into quarters
2 tablespoons soya sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons mustard
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup katch-up
3 tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 tablespoon fruity barbecue sauce
1/2 tablespoon hot sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar (white, apple or grape)
1/3 cup water
How to make Sweet Baked Chicken Wings Recipe:
- Wash the chicken wings well. Rub the chicken wings with the lemon wedges and set aside for 5-10 minutes. Rinse the chicken wings and place in coriander to drain.
- In a large sealable container add the chicken wings and all the other ingredients.
- Mix until the chicken wings are well coated with the sauce. Tightly seal, and place in the fridge overnight. Between 8 and 20 hours - the longer the better.
- Next day, arrange the wings in a single layer in a large ovenproof dish.
- Seal the dish with aluminum foil and bake in oven at 350° for 45 minutes. After that, remove the foil and return the chicken wings to oven for an additional 20 to 30 minutes until the sauce thickens and the wings gain a nice color.
- Arrange in serving plate.
Hope you enjoyed today's easy recipe:Sweet Baked Chicken Wings. Bon appetite.
Do you dread the mess in the kitchen when preparing your meal?
اضغط الرابط لقراءة وصفة جوانح الدجاج الحلوة المشوية باللغة العربية