|Lazy Cake ... probably one of the easiest cakes to prepare!|
Earlier this month, I received my first recipe request! It was for the Lazy Cake Recipe. I was so excited! Not only for receiving the first request for the blog, but also because it was for a recipe that we enjoy a lot at home.
I have two lazy cake recipes in my cookbook. The first is my mother's recipe which I grew up with. It was from the time when sweetened condensed milk was not widely available or used. Her version is quite different than the one widely used nowadays and involves cooking the cake. I will prepare and post it later. The second lazy cake recipe is the one I will post today. It is made with sweetened condensed milk, and is very quick and easy to prepare. On top of that, kids like pitching in the preparation!
For best results, use a good quality cocoa! I have never had problems with lazy cake except once when I ran out of cocoa in the middle of preparing the cake. In my rush to get the cocoa before the butter hardened, I grabbed the only brand I could find in the store close to my home. It tasted like sand! The ingredients in lazy cake are few and cocoa is a prime ingredient that affects the taste of your final production!
Lazy Cake Recipe
Preparation time: 5 min
100 grams unsweetened butter
1 can (395grams) sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoons starch (corn flour)
2 packets (200grams each) of plain butter biscuits known as petite beurre
How to make lazy cake:
- Melt the butter. I microwave it for 30-40 seconds, but you can also melt it in a pan on the oven top. Set aside.
- Break the biscuits into small pieces. I usually leave this task to my daughters.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk to the butter and whisk until the two are well mixed. Then add the starch and cocoa and whisk them well until you have a creamy mixture. For best results, sift the cocoa before adding it to the mixture.
- With a large spoon fold the biscuits into the cocoa mixture.
- Cut one side and the bottom of 2 sandwich bags. Unfold/open the bags (you will have two large sheets of plastic) and place them on a flat surface.
- Pour half the mixture onto each plastic wrap and mold into a tight log shape. Squeeze the log into shape tightly!
- Another option that produces square shaped lazy cake pieces is lining the inner side of a loaf pan with the plastic wrap and pouring the mixture in. Then with the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the pan tightly.
- Place in the freezer for at least 6 hours.
|Wrap and squeeze the plastic wrap tightly around the cake mixture|
|Easy Lazy Cake ... no wonder where it got its name from!|
Hope you enjoyed today's easy sweet recipe: Lazy Cake. Bon appetite.
What's your favorite easy cake?
اضغط الرابط للحصول على وصفة الليزي كيك باللغة العربية