"It's the simple things in life that are the most extra ordinary." Paulo Coelho
|Homemade Strawberry Sauce that you cannot get enough of!|
Very few recipes could beat the simplicity of the strawberry sauce recipe, but rest assured, the taste of this homemade Strawberry Sauce is just amazing!
This home-made strawberry sauce alternative to the ready made cheesecake and ice-cream topping is delicious. It is also freezer friendly. You can use Strawberry sauce as a topping on a variety of dishes ranging from cheesecake to ice-cream, crepes, waffles, pan cakes, French toast, pound cake slices...
Strawberry Sauce Recipe:
Preparation time: 5 min Cook time: 10 min
1 package (350g.) frozen strawberries (you can use fresh strawberries if available)
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons starch
1 tablespoon cold water
How to make Strawberry Sauce:
- If strawberries are large, cut in half.
- Put the strawberries and sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes after it begins to boil; stirring occasionally. If you are using fresh strawberries then 2-3 minutes will be enough.
- Puree the mixture with a hand-held electric blender. If you don't have a hand-held blender, then allow the mixture to cool and use a normal electric blender.
- Return the strawberry sauce to fire, add the lemon juice and stir the mixture over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- Mix the starch with the water and add it to the strawberry mixture. Stir over medium heat for an additional 3 minutes. You don't want to overcook it as it will become closer to jam.
- Store strawberry sauce in the refrigerator.
|Homemade Strawberry Sauce perfect with cheesecake, ice-cream, pancakes, waffles...|
Try the strawberry sauce as a topping for the basic baked cheesecake from dish-away.
|Backed Cheesecake topped with homemade Strawberry Sauce|
Hope you enjoyed today's easy sweet recipe: Strawberry Sauce. Bon appetite.
What is your favorite cheesecake topping?
اضغط الرابط للحصول على وصفة صوص الفراولة باللغة العربية