I LOVE, LOVE flowers!
Nothing can brighten my day as a bunch of flowers! So imagine the effect of edible flowers! Flowers are such a great way to express your feelings and love…
You can imagine how excited I was when I accidently found these on this Portuguese site devoted to sharing ideas. The tutorial on how to prepare these beautiful, attractive, impressive marshmallow flowers was so clear and included self-explanatory photos. I am soooo looking forward to preparing these for my daughter’s birthday in two weeks.
You will instantly fall in love with these flowers and you will think, “why didn’t I know about these earlier?!?!”
DIY Marshmallow Flower Bouquet
Preparation time: 30 min
A vase or a beautiful pot for arranging the flowers in
Lots of marshmallows (in two different colors)
Edible glitter or sprinkles
Decorative green ribbon
How to make Marshmallow Flower Bouquet:
- Prepare the royal icing.
- Soak skewers in water for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the marshmallows in a flower-shape using two different colored marshmallow. One color for the center and the other for the petals.
- Insert skewer as shown in photo below. Both the center marshmallow and the one above it should be touching each other. The tip of the skewer should not be visible on top.
- Now assemble flowers using the royal icing like the photos below. You can also use toothpicks. I think using both (icing and toothpick) will be best for a sturdier effect.
- If you are using Royal Icing, use your finger tips to gently press all pink marshmallows together for 30 seconds until the icing sets.
- Pipe decorative border with the icing around the flower center
- Sprinkle edible glitter all over the marshmallow flower. If you don’t have edible glitter, skip this step.
- Set aside to dry for about 5 hours.
- Tie a bow around the skewers and arrange the marshmallow flowers into a bouquet.
Hope you enjoyed today’s easy food art: DIY Marshmallow Flower Bouquet and that you have many happy occasions to prepare these for!
Do you have a special way to prepare attractive edible flowers?
اضغط الرابط لقراءة باقة ورود المارشمالوس باللغة العربية